The Account Manager is responsible for building new business relationships and managing sales for ArabNet’s conferences and services. This is a unique opportunity to get a high-level view of the major trends in the digital sector, and a broad understanding of the movers and shakers who are shaping the web and mobile industry across the region. It is also a chance to connect with large technology companies and key players, and understand how commercial relationships are built and how deals are closed.
This role reports to the commercial Director.
- Lead business development efforts for specific projects within ArabNet’s portfolio
- Generate new leads through research, networking, attending events, and cold calling
- Pitch clients and create tailored proposals based on client needs
- Negotiate contracts and close deals within guidelines
- Manage the client relationship to ensure implementation of deliverables from both sides
- Keep up with market trends and dynamics and identify new opportunities for growth
- Work closely with the product/editorial department to support the creation of new products and services that can be monetized
- Function as a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective listening and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively and professionally convey information internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented, ability to handle a high volume, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal techniques, is positive, pleasant, respectful and customer-focused.
- Actively listens, communicates clearly, concisely and assures customer understanding.
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize, follow-through, and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible in dealing with clients and co-worker needs.