Location : Beirut
Mission Length : Permanent
Start Date : November 2019 Onwards
Job Role : Regional Security Officer
- Position Summary
The Regional Security Officer (RSO) main aim is to oversee and provide guidance on safety and security risk management, technical support and advice both to the regional team and country programs on all aspects of staff safety and security and ensure appropriate systems are in place at regional and country level.
- About CMA CGM & Digital Centre
CMA CGM, headed by Rodolphe Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 509 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on 5 continents. In 2017, they carried nearly 19 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units). With a presence in 160 countries and through its 755 agencies network, the Group employs 34,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
CMA CGM Digital Centre is part of the Digital Department which includes Digital Office, Data and Digital Factory. Digital core team is based in Marseilles with Regional Project Managers located in North & South America, Asia and Africa.
CMA CGM Digital Centre mission statement is to create a unifying digital vision and to help rethink and design products and processes for the digital age. This mission is achieved by leveraging the latest technology trends; sourcing best practices from other industries; teaming up with CMA CGM key business departments: Lines, Commercial & Agency Network, Supply Chain & Logistics, Intermodal, Operations and ships; enabling Digital Factory & IT as key partners for execution and realization of projects.
- Position Responsibilities
- Monitor regional cybersecurity risk and identify inherent threats.
- Report to global CISO about the current status of Information Security.
- Provide support and guidance to regional and country directors on crisis management and security incident analysis.
- Train Regional and Country Office staff on Security best pratices.
- This position is responsible for oversight and coordination of the security on the region or sector concerned
- Apply global policies to his region and adapt if required
- Reviewing and define local policies, standards, methodologies, tools, and patterns
- Manage, coach, lead and develop a staff in his region.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable local regulatory and legal requirements.
- Act as a mentor and contribute to the development of the team in areas of expertise.
- Skills & Qualifications
- Experience and knowledge of IT security technical and functional areas.
- Prove digital leadership skills.
- In-depth understanding of local regulations, laws, privacy, industry standards and information security policy frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid people management skills providing guidance, monitoring and motivation to IT security employees.
- Experience in management, an asset
- Bacchelor Degree in IT security (an asset)
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in information technology
- Knowledge of standards, regulations and law governing the security of information (NIST, ISO 27001, GDPR, NIS) an asset
- Knowledge of the shipping industry and the regulations related, an asset
- Analytical skills, pragmatic approach to IT security issues and issues
- Planning, organization and coordination skills
- Ability to properly manage time and priorities
- Leadership, team spirit, creativity, rigor and quality
- Ability to influence through expertise and negotiate with various stakeholders
- Customer-oriented approach
- Bilingual (French and English)