Proximie is a multi-award-winning digital platform with a focus on augmented reality to enhance surgical collaboration across the world. Augmented Reality is already changing our lives and the medical field has shown great potential to use this technology to guide surgeries in ways that has never been possible before.
We are in the need of a Digital Product Designer with a keen eye for detail and good cross-functional design skills to join the team and help to shape the future of surgery across our mobile and desktop applications.
We're on a mission to innovate and are a passionate and positive group who have already gained immense traction in the market.
We are looking for a person who is serious about delivering world-class software and has a good grasp of the development life cycle, all the way from research to planning, execution, addressing the backlog, through to handover of assets, to QA of the implementation.
Above all, you need to share our passion for making a difference to people’s lives by helping to build exceptional, groundbreaking software solutions.
Proximie has a diverse and supportive culture, full of people with unique background and perspectives. We encourage collaboration, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. We appreciate designers who are ready to get involved and seek feedback.
Working as a Product Designer at Proximie provides you the opportunity to have a huge impact within the company and in the healthcare sector as a whole.
- Rapidly conceptualize, ideate and execute UX/UI concepts.
- Design end-to-end flows alongside supporting visuals, and contribute to the product feature set.
- Contribute to and manage Proximie’s design system which includes icons and component libraries.
- Help iterate and expand upon Proximie’s visual language across user interfaces and web related content.
- Help establish processes to align cross-functional teams.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to various internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the product team, engineers, and other product designers to find optimal yet resourceful solutions.
- Give and solicit feedback from others to raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal English.
- 5+ years professional experience in the digital product space designing modern cross platform applications, working in an agile development environment.
- Highly proficient in using design tools like; Adobe XD, Bohemian Coding Sketch, Invision Studio, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient in building high fidelity prototypes using tools such as ProtoPie, Invision, Framer, Origami Studio, Balsamic, Axure or Marvel.
- Exceptional foundational design skills, including use of typography, color, space, composition, and an overall strong sense of design.
- A fundamental understanding of front-end development.
- Experience in running and evaluating user tests.
- Experience in preparing visual assets to support development team across mobile and desktop platforms.
- Capable of balancing user and business needs.
- A keen eye for detail and highly developed presentation skills.
You will be a good match if:
- Are excited to design compelling mobile and responsive applications.
- Have a strong sense of visual design, with an eye for simple-to-use interfaces.
- Can show experience of utilizing user research, analytics, experimentation, and strategy to validate design decisions.
- Have the ability to adapt to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements.
Bonus Points for:
- Degree in design or related field.
- Experience thinking about product strategy and vision.
- Experience with AR and a keen interest in immersive technologies.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research.
- Experience with 3D software GUIs.
- Experience in print design.
- Experience in the medical field.
- Experience in cross-cultural design.
This position is full-time and based in the Proximie Beirut office and reports to the Product Design Lead in London.
Please share a link to your portfolio in your application, featuring the best examples of your design process covering interaction, visual design and prototyping work.
Any applicant without an online portfolio will unfortunately not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only get in touch should your application be found favorable.