AUB is seeking to recruit a Marketing & Events Coordinator for the Talal and Madiha Zein AUB Innovation Park to lead the development of the iPark brand internally within the AUB campus and externally within the overall community.
The candidate should have a passion for social media, building relationships and organizing events and feel at ease working in an agile and dynamic setting.
The work will mostly occur in the iPark space in Beirut Digital District with frequent commutes to the AUB Campus in Ras Beirut.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent. Graduate education is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in social media, community management, marketing and event planning.
- Tech, startup, incubator and/or design experience a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong project management skills and willingness to take initiative.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and CRM systems and in-depth knowledge of social media.
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; manage multiple requests, assess priorities and achieve solutions.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills (English and Arabic).
- Good familiarity with commonly used word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software packages.
Under the direction of the iPark management, plans, develops and executes the overall marketing, social media and events strategy.
- Develops and maintains iPark’s marketing and communication strategy
- Devises and implements creative and impactful marketing strategies and campaigns to attract students, faculties, mentors and angel investors to the iPark
- Manages communication channels and creates content: Social Media, Ads, Newsletter, E-mail campaigns, Screens, Blog, Flyers, etc.
- Organizes events, community meetups and hackathons
- Develops and maintains relationships with the startup ecosystem players, media and press.
- Coordinates activities with partners and sponsors
- Assesses online and offline marketing performance
- Liaises with the Office of Communications and other AUB units and departments responsible for events, news coverage, representation of AUB, and its social media image.
- Handles all activities related to community management in order to ensure an agreeable working environment for the startups incubated in the iPark space
- Manages all related relationships and activities with suppliers.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.