The Formulation Chemist is responsible for all steps of formula development from research to ideation to final formulation. Primary responsibilities will be the innovation of new products, managing customer growth and development, technology transfer and cost savings. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate formulation and innovation skills in the hair and body care area.
Other responsibilities include research of raw materials, vendor management, and stability testing/evaluation. Formulation Chemists will be managing the development of multiple products simultaneously and should be comfortable in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Research of raw materials and vendor management
- Develop and create innovative products to expand the R&D formulation library.
- Responsible for new product development.
- Responsible for all steps of formula development from stability to full production scale up.
- Develop new innovative marketable products. Revise/reformulate existing formulas and break down/ reverse engineer competitive products.
- Stability testing/evaluation and product presentations.
- Manage the development of multiple products simultaneously and be comfortable in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Write, review and approve production batch procedures and monitor pilots and scale up batches.
- Research and initiate R&D cost savings.
- Continuous improvement of technical skills by participating in vendor seminars, classes and additional schooling in the cosmetic field.
- Perform special projects as required and independent research.
- BS or MS in Chemistry or Biosciences (Cosmetology, Biology, Botany, Biochemistry etc.)
- 2 to 10 years laboratory experience with strong background in cosmetic formulation and product development
- Experience of all normal laboratory equipment, FTIR, viscometer, pH meter and Moisture Analyzer which must be used in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Color matching experience (non-color-cosmetics) and OTC/Quasi Drug formulation
- Basic computer knowledge including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel (approximately 10% of the time) for ingredients sourcing and research
- Strong communication skills a must, with the ability to work in a face pace environment.
Apply by sending CV + Cover Letter to email : email@example.com