We are seeking an experienced WordPress Developer responsible for our company's main website. This position requires a combination of programming skills (manely PHP, HTML5, CSS3, and Angular) and understanding the best ways to enhance performance to a world-class level.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of best practices when using Wordpress, providing details about the performance issues with a direct workable plan to fix such issues.
You will join one of our scrum teams who hold more than 10 years of experience, and you will have the chance to work with international Gurus.
MATIC tech team is based in Beirut, Dubai and Warsaw, you will join the team in Beirut in one of the best workspaces in Lebanon (BDD). If you're a traveler, we wouldn't mind you visiting us and working from our offices in Dubai or Warsaw.
● Analyzing the performance of an existing Wordpress Site/ e-commerce website
● Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
● Responsible for the website integration with measurement and monitoring tools and enable other teams to analyze the website performance
● Responsible for optimizing the booking flow in the best technical way with all possible scenarios
● Responsible for implementing the best practices of SEO and marketing tools and follow marketing requests to enhance website performance
● Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
● Helping to formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugins.
Skills and Qualifications
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent expertise).
● At least five years experience in implementing WordPress websites, including building themes, plugins, and extending WordPress framework
● Good understanding of front-end technologies, including HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS and Angular
● Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
● Proven experience in developing e-commerce and optimizing e-commerce or transactional websites driven by numbers
● Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
● Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
● Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
● Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools as GIT