As a Marketing and Design Associate, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of startups guiding them and helping them to execute on aspects of their marketing strategy. You will also take the lead on managing our digital presence and delivering marketing collateral and events. In this role, you’ll be immersed in the world of startups, working alongside entrepreneurs, investors and mentors, gaining exposure to new businesses learning to help them transform, leveraging your marketing and design knowledge which you will constantly be expanding.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Marketing Associate, you will
- Build content for our programs and marketing channels that includes both copy and visuals, ranging from social media campaigns, email blasts, landing pages, event collateral and press releases
- Grow and engage our following and future program participants in the community and startup ecosystem with compelling content and comms campaigns.
- Run multiple startup events such as Demo Days, maximising attendee numbers and engagement.
- Grow awareness of our programs, our brand and our startups with promotional campaigns across digital channels (including social, AdWords, etc.)
- Manage and optimise digital marketing tools such as Google AdWords and Analytics, mail programs such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp to maximise program outreach
- Tests and optimizes marketing tactics for user acquisition and engagement (e.g. online advertising, direct mail, affiliate)
- Manage and grow the Nucleus Ventures social media outlets: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc
- Manage and grow engagement on the Nucleus Ventures website and online content
- Advise startups on aspects of their marketing strategy at events and startup clinics.
As a UX/UI Advisor, you will
- Offer visual, graphic and interactive design guidance to startups and advise them on building their brand identity
- Conduct light website analysis and UX / UI audit for startups, giving them actionable insights on how they improve the user journey on their site to maximise engagement and conversion.
- Conduct competitive analysis and market research on behalf of both our brand and our startups brands.
As an in-house designer, you will
- Support the Program Manager and Managing Director to transform presentations into compelling decks with strong visuals.
- Build creatives and collateral (one-sheeters, decks, social media kits) that visually align with our brand identity and style guide.
- Design creatives that can be used across our media channels ( banners, posters, visuals, collateral )
- Manage and edit photos and videos taken at our events
You will also be on point for multiple facets of day to day communications, including hosting guests and outreach to our mentor network.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship and / or venture capital with a strong appetite to learn more.
- Marketing degree and/or 2-4 years marketing experience, which should include prior digital marketing, content creation, PR, events and social media
- Strong content development and copy writing skills for digital channels including websites, email campaigns, and social media.
- Solid design skills with experience in Photoshop, PowerPoint and / or Illustrator
- Basic website design and UX / UI knowledge.
- An ability to thrive under pressure and efficiently manage and support competing tasks / requests.
- An ability to navigate ambiguity, fill in the dots and a willingness to move fast.