We are looking for an Accountant to process all types of financial transactions, including handling of accounts receivable, recording journal entries, reconciling bank statements and handling petty cash. The role also includes follow-up on various regulatory aspects including handling and follow-up on built property tax and municipality declarations for the Group’s various real estate properties. To succeed in this position, you will need to be highly flexible, accurate and efficient—adding value to the accounting team and upholding our organization’s values.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Audits financial transactions and documents.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation reports.
- Updates financial data in databases to ensure that information is accurate and readily available.
- Complies with financial policies and regulations.
- Prepares and submits periodic financial reports.
- Assists in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements in compliance with regulatory requirements and IFRS.
- Posts and processes journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately.
- Updates fixed assets register and depreciation.
- Prepares and follow-up on ageing reports.
- Updates accounts receivable, issues invoices and credit memos according to contracts.
- Updates customer records, sends out monthly statements and reconciles accounts receivables.
- Follows-up on and collects customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Prepares intercompany reconciliations for multiple entities.
- Assists with intercompany invoicing and ensure proper and timely reconciliations.
- Monitors and controls the accrued interest from bank accounts.
- Assists in monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Accurately performs daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions, tallies and files invoices.
- Manages collection and billing through the BDD application.
- Handles clients’ queries and complaints and resolves them in a professional and timely manner.
- Handles petty cash, conduct cash transactions with customers and provides receipts to customers paying in person.
- Organizes journal vouchers, invoices and payments on monthly basis into audit trail files according to classification and identification information.
- Follows-up on rental contracts registration at both the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and the Municipality of Beirut (MOB).
- Handles the medical insurance cycle from updating employee records, renewing policy, enrolling new joiners and handling the allocated payments.
- Retrieves information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or any related field
- 2 – 3 years of experience in accounting
- Certifications (CPA, CA or equivalent) are a plus
- Firm grasp of accounting principles
- Advanced proven MS Excel skills
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulousness and attention to detail
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality