Synkers aims to build the largest community of knowledge exchange to enhance the academic performance of future generations. By enabling a seamless cross-border transfer of knowledge and making education accessible to all, Synkers intends to change education through building an adaptive learning technology.
Our vision is to disrupt the education sector by introducing a personalized learning technology to enhance the academic performance of learners.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone has access to personalized education. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s change things, together.
About The Role
As the Head of Growth you will be part of the Synkers management team, owning the entire client lifecycle from prospecting to retention. You are directly responsible for the top line growth of Synkers by managing and growing our number of learners, establishing and growing non-sales partnerships and overseeing our geographic expansion efforts.
In this role you would work closely with other functions of the business, such as product, central operations, customer service, HR and others. You would be heavily involved in strategic decisions such as pricing and vertical expansion and operationalize our growth programs across the UAE.
What You’ll Do
- Own the client lifecycle for the Synkers platform, from acquisition to retention
- Set the vision for Synkers’ client growth and expansion and work cross-functionally with engineering, product, data science, S&P, marketing and other key areas of the business
- BIG BOLD BETS: Drive the acquisition and activation of business customers by finding creative, unconventional and cost-efficient channels to build the customer base and grow the business
- Establish partnerships with schools, universities, bookstores or any other strategic partner
- Work closely with the leads of all key functional areas to build growth loops to enable the product to be self-sustaining. Get us from a startup, to high growth, to an established and sustainable company.
- Use scalable tactics that could be replicated anytime and in any other country
- Think outside of the box to identify and follow through on strategic partnerships (sales & non-sales) that will contribute to Synkers’ growth and differentiated value proposition
- Operationalize the demand arm of the business to make it more scalable, predictable (detailed forecasting to enable supply/ demand balancing) and successful
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with our top partners as well as identify and lead the sales process
- Be heavily involved in the development of pricing, vertical and geographic expansion strategies, including supervising and informing the launch roadmap
- Closely collaborate with the Central Operations team
- Communicate and present ideas both internally and externally
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business development/ sales, ideally in a startup/ marketplace setting
- At least 2 years of proven success in a managerial role, including demonstrated ability to build and scale a team
- A passion for on-demand marketplace platforms and improving the lives of learners
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills (3+ years of managing high impact, cross-functional projects) including using data to establish priorities, developing a strategy to pursue them, and managing cross-functional stakeholders
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution
- Ability to be on call when the product is busiest (often nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Resilience in fast-paced, high profile and ever-changing situations