We are looking for a dedicated Head of Engineering who loves programming and lead teams to build products that they are proud of. As part of your job, you will constantly seek the latest technologies, be committed to using state-of-the-art solutions and never accept any performance on an ad-hoc basis. You will join MATIC tech team in Dubai or Beirut and you will have the chance to work, lead and mentor international Gurus. The Position is open for Dubai or Beirut, however, If you're a traveler, we wouldn't mind you working remotely from one of our offices in Beirut, Chekka or Wroclaw.
● Lead engineering teams to create reliable solutions that deliver against an ambitious product roadmap across a portfolio of MATIC products
● Enact a strategic plan for developing and empowering team members with processes that result in improvements to code quality, security, efficiency, velocity, and systems, and engineering processes.
● Mentor and empower team members to improve their craft, and together, deliver high-quality products, through exceptional architecture, design, and implementation strategies
● Work closely with product managers to define the development strategy, roadmaps, timelines and milestones
● Own the technical infrastructure, architecture and development of products and identify and manage risks, dependencies, and opportunities
● Computer Science bachelor's degree (masters preferred), relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
● 10+ years of demonstrated success leading teams to architect, develop and maintain complex SaaS, consumer web products and mobile applications (IOS/Android) using modern lean/agile product development techniques
● Excellent knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
● Highly experienced in agile software development processes and methodologies.
● Excellent understanding of DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering, as well as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment concepts and cloud computing platforms
● Good understanding of Data Engineering, Data Science, and Big Data
● Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences