Synkers is a mobile platform that connects knowledge seekers with highly qualified tutors on the spot. Our mission is to provide accessible and personalized education to any learner. At Synkers, every team member is an asset to the company. You benefit from the opportunity of growing as the company grows and will be exposed to frequent professional development in a healthy, friendly & productive environment.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Transition existing React web apps to React Native.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites
- Experience with common front end build tools
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical team-mates
- At least 2 years of experience with REACT
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent