Global Transcend, a Houston, TX company focused on Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0 solutions for the Manufacturing, Warehousing and Construction industries is seeking to hire a Lead Software Engineer to join their R&D and Engineering Department.
As part of GT’s R&D and Engineering team, your role will be to help define, develop, maintain and support software products that enables GT’s clients’ successful digital transformation. Part of this role will also involve interacting with GT’s client to gather feedback on new product ideas and current product enhancements as well as supporting the sales organization by providing technical support and customer start-up, training and recommendations. This role includes the possibility to expands one’s experience beyond software development to include Artificial Intelligence, hardware integration and digitization system deployment in GT’s focus industries.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 4 years of software development experience preferably involving all levels of the software stack.
- Strongly preferred 2 or more years’ experience in developing multi-platform applications or in the Metrics/Monitoring space, ideally with Open Source technologies.
- Familiarity with monitoring and observing best practices, time series data, logging, tracing and alarming.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Problem-solve effectively - diagnose technical issues and propose effective solutions.
- Take initiative, be a self-starter, and work independently.
- Persistently drive tasks and lead projects to successful completion.
- Quickly learn applicable technology, systems, and products.
- Eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into complex problems.
- Passion and drive for profound impact.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and systems design principles.
- Excellent programming knowledge of Python, Java or.NET is a must.
- Demonstrated experience building highly reliable and scalable systems software.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Systems design, development and deployment.
- Experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Use of a source code version control system such as GIT is required.
- Familiarity with configuration and installation of enterprise server-based applications.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (such as Jenkins or CircleCI).
- Knowledge of security best practices.
- Familiarity with virtualization and its applications.
Advanced competencies is a plus:
- Knowledge and working experience in data mining, statistics, mathematics and/or Digital Signal Processing is a plus
- IT infrastructure and computer networking protocols.
- Understanding of computer networking protocol such as TCP/IP. UDP, SNTP and MQTT
- Knowledge in backup systems and network security protocols.
- Knowledge in Elasticsearch, InfluxDB and/or similar databases.