At OLX, we empower people to upgrade their lives. Our products and services make the exchange of goods and services easy and convenient for everyone. This benefits local communities and beyond, getting one step closer to a world without waste.
Our ambition is to help one billion people exchange goods and services through products and services customers love.
About the role:
As a product designer, you will enjoy a good degree of creative freedom while welcoming feedback from stakeholders and collaborating with them to make acceptable solutions. The person will be at the forefront of defining the experience, look, and feel of OLX.
What you’ll do:
- Guide UI and UX design across all mobile mediums: Android, iOS, tablet apps, and responsive web
- Produce deliverables including wireframes, user scenarios, and prototypes to communicate product requirements
- Facilitate user testing sessions and focus groups on a regular basis with learnings transferred into A/B test runs
- Conduct and present qualitative and quantitative research and incorporate findings into mobile and web experiences
- Optimize the performance of interactions and features through A/B testing, usability research, and data analysis
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience in a similar user-focused role in mobile web and mobile app design
- Deep understanding of web, mobile, and tablet UX paradigms
- A comprehensive understanding of the current state of app technologies and best practices, with a critical awareness on user-centered design
- Ability to work closely with engineers with some understanding of Xcode and/or android studio and how apps are built
- Knowing the capabilities of the web with knowledge of CSS and HTML and the ability to push the envelope with cutting edge interaction design
- Strong passion for work and all things design
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates skills and abilities in designing for mobile apps and web
- Effective communicator in describing your vision to designers, product managers, and engineers
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision and understand the needs of the user, not just 'how it should look'
- Love to wireframe & prototype surprisingly simple and easy to use interfaces.
- Attention to detail and the ability to instantly spot issues with Information Architecture, hierarchy and flows
- Be a team player and enjoy working with cross-functional teams
- Degree in design is preferred