Are you a people person and genuinely enjoy helping others grow? Are you a thought leader? Can you solve any task thrown at you, irrespective of complexity or scale? Do you mentor and lead those in your team and push the boundaries of perfection? Do you know which corners can and can't be cut? Can you balance technical ambitions with business objectives?
As a Team Lead, you present yourself as a strong leader, demonstrate deep practical engineering knowledge, and have a proven track record for timely project delivery and project management. You'll be asked to harness your insight into technology and collaborate with Product Managers to make products that enrich the lives of our users, leveraging multiple cross-disciplinary streams to achieve our technological and business vision.
Delivering A-class products that scale to millions of users, applying new industry trends, and challenging your peers are all part of the daily gig. Our Team Leads conceive, design, and deliver the most complex products within their stream. They have an intimate knowledge of the business domain and always put our user's experience first.
A Team Lead is an expert in building great teams by understanding the dynamics of the teams and harnessing strengths of each team member to make them an efficient unit. She/He understands and believes in our core values and is a proponent of empowering the team to make the right decisions.
● Gather up-to-date and in-depth understanding of our code base and technologies and of industry trends;
● Ability to actively contribute to our code base and lead by example;
● Provide and share a broad knowledge of technologies and architectures and function as a mentor within the scope of your product stream and with the rest of the teams and packs;
● Ensure that we always deliver software of the highest standards;
● Promote best coding standards, guidelines, and best practices;
● Demonstrate technical leadership and mentorship by setting challenging but realistic goals and guiding the team efforts towards successful project delivery;
● Monitor the performance of team members. Identify and encourage areas for growth and personal development;
● Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope;
● Create an optimal working environment and methodologies for the assigned product team.
● Impact on the direction and scope of our technical vision within your stream;
● Shaping strong cross-functional packs in line with business needs;
● Collaborating closely with Product, Infrastructure, Design, UX, CLM and Strategy to deliver highest quality products;
● Hiring A-players to build High Performing Teams, constantly raising the bar of engineering talent;
● Owning our business KPIs as a conduit to our Product team and business functions;
Practical / Technical knowledge
● In-depth understanding of free and open-source web application frameworks, e.g. Symfony, Laravel, Django, etc.
● Knowledgeable of scalability and high availability systems;
● Source code control, build process management, continuous integration, automated testing, and other development processes;
● Knowledge of UML diagrams, code, unit tests, etc;
● Good understanding of leadership, coaching and mentoring principles;
● Understanding of good product, design and UX principles;
Planning, organizing and integrating (managerial) knowledge
● Leadership skills;
● Analytical thinking;
● Project management;
● Conceptual thinking;
● People Management
Communicating and influencing skills
● Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
● 8+ years of back-end, front-end and/or mobile applications software engineering experience;
● Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web products;
● Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and XP;
● Technical leadership and mentorship experience is a must;
● Experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of next-generation web applications in PHP and Python;
● A proven track record for timely project delivery and project management;
● Drive for innovation and insight into new and old technologies;
Problem-solving (thinking environment and challenge)
● Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
Accountability (freedom to act, scope and impact)
● Maintain and ensure optimal software quality within the assigned product;
● Mentor and develop a product team of excellent front end, back end and mobile engineers that deliver high-quality code;
● Deliver on product vertical team KPIs and objectives in line with the overall company’s objectives;
● Be accountable for the attrition rate of his team and the department;
● Coach individuals in the team to become the next wave of leaders;
Education and training
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field.
Knowledge of languages
● English is a must;