At OLX, we empower people to upgrade their lives. Our products and services make the exchange of goods and services easy and convenient for everyone. This benefits local communities and beyond, getting one step closer to a world without waste.
Our ambition is to help one billion people exchange goods and services through products and services customers love.
About the role:
We are looking for an Android Engineer who is a talented super ninja programmer and is interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. Continuous integration, auto-scaled rolling releases, event-driven microservice architectures are all part of the daily gig.
What you’ll do:
- You will work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
- You will support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability, and performance and above all reliability as well as supporting other engineers and business intelligence leading up to during and after each sprint.
- You will live true to our ambitions of building an industry-leading platform that is relentlessly focused on innovation.
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Write architecturally sound and maintainable code following the best programming practices.
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity, or scale.
- Handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Working with our testing team to ensure 100% test coverage.
- Discovering and implementing the newest technologies.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in native Android development.
- 5+ years of Java or OOP.
- A deep understanding of the Java Language.
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK, SQLite, web services, and location-based services.
- A current view on the Android development landscape.
- A diverse portfolio of previously built Android apps.
- Have published at least one or more Android apps to the market.
- Experienced with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Current knowledge of mobile architecture, landscape, trends, and emerging markets.
- The ability to create world-leading beautiful and elegant user interfaces.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- A solid understanding of how to create data structures and ORM.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- Understanding of git commands and have a GitHub or Bitbucket account.
- A good understanding of MVC, MVP & MVVM patterns.
- Knowledge of Kotlin language is a plus.
- Problem-solving; analytical thinking; conceptual thinking; detail-oriented;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This is an absolute must. We have heated debates around complicated subjects and you will be expected to defend your points of view.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.