We are looking for a node.js developer responsible for the development and maintenance of Carpolo's web services. Your primary focus will be the development and maintenance of current codebase and future RESTful APIs to be integrated with our mobile and web apps. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products are essential.
- Design and develop software services for use in a distributed and modular architecture
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the backend
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Able to coach and explain standard use-cases and design decisions when asked
- Assess and evaluate competing software technologies and platforms and make recommendations to stakeholders and management
- Generate SDKs for other developers to consume the APIs
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful API web services using Node.js
- Create and maintain documentation including use cases, data flow charts, process flow diagrams, software requirements document, functional specifications document, API specs, etc.
- Have a solid understanding in common app development methodologies, and the ability to implement custom flows when needed.
- Familiarity with cloud architecture and design, and deployment of services to the cloud (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with integrating third-party services and APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools(Git, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with continuous Agile integration
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven record with developing node.js applications
- Experience working with NoSql data stores including graph databases such as Neo4j