Are you looking to make a significant change in the MENA region and turn the food industry upside down?
This job is for expert profiles who are serious professionals and looking to participate in the success of a Lebanese Startup and move something tasty forward.
If you are looking for fast money, please do not apply. The first part of this job (1 year) is part-time for equity. The second part is to be discussed during the first meeting.
The CFO should have a visionary mindset and think out of the box. He/She should be someone we are convinced to present to investors as a partner to raise seed fund and series A.
The candidate will be closely working with the team and implementing the CEO's vision as well as supervising his future team (that he will recruit).
- Available for 15 hours a week from on-site or another place (moon, beach, Starbucks, ...).
- Available at least once per week for a team meeting.
The Chief Food Officer will be responsible for delivering safe and tasty food according to customers nutrition needs. He/She should be handling recipe development, purchasing, food safety, testing, and tasting as well as delivery safety and management.
Expected work axis:
- Menu Development according to specific diets.
- Collaborating closely with other departments (Development, and Marketing) to envision the market entries and the development of the features (we are developing our system).
- Writing SOPs for staff members.
- Help in scaling to other countries.
- Positively criticize strategies and come up with better alternatives.
- You are a Nutrition expert with extensive knowledge of specific diets (for weight loss, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases) recipes, ingredients, and seasonality.
- You preferably and who have (ideally) experience across the region.
- Not looking for an extra 1000$ a month but instead looking for a significant change and massive return in a few years / Financially stable.
- Very comfortable with digital tools such as emails, Microsoft suite, google drive.
- Should be better than us in the nutrition/diet field.
- At least six years of experience in the area.
- Strong managerial capabilities.
- Creativity is key here, seriously ==> SO BE CREATIVE WHEN YOU APPLY.
- Well connected.
- Able to learn new things and apply them in a fast-changing environment.
- An MBA is not required, but it's preferable.
- Possess strong culinary skills and have already executed menu development (cooking, writing, and testing/tasting panel).
- Have a wide knowledge of food safety, hygiene, and food packaging.
- Ability to articulate business objectives with technical requirements related to the food field.
- Negotiation and purchasing skills (knowledge in local suppliers is a must).
How to apply:
- Please have a look on our website and do tell us briefly how you can make a breakthrough, what you can bring to the table. Tell us why you want to join our startup.
- If you are convinced and you do believe in the business and its scalability, send us your Resume.
- When you apply, please send us the first phrase in the "Team" section on the page "About" from our website as proof that you have read about us.