Synkers is a mobile platform that connects knowledge seekers with highly qualified tutors on the spot. Our mission is to provide accessible and personalized education to any learner. At Synkers, every team member is an asset to the company. You benefit from the opportunity of growing as the company grows and will be exposed to frequent professional development in a healthy, friendly & productive environment.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of Synkers application. Your primary focus will be the development of the Android application and its integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Develop and maintain the Synkers application that is in production with more than 30,000 users live on it.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Ensure best quality and highest level of performance for every Synkers app release
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an Android Developer
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Knowledgeable in Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience working with third-party libraries
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- A good knowledge of general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies is a plus
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Must be proficient in English
- Information Technology
- Product Management