We are seeking an entrepreneurially-minded leader to drive AstroLabs’ operations in Saudi Arabia. The Country Operations Director position is the focal point for all of our activities in the Kingdom, including our company licensing offering, coworking space operations and our managed accelerator/incubator programs. In addition, the Country Operations Director manages all aspects relating to the maintenance of AstroLabs’ legal presence in Saudi Arabia (licensing, banking, etc.).
At the core, you are a hands-on operational leader who is passionate about building the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Saudi Arabia and is driven to execute. This is a fantastic opportunity to build an organization, manage a growing team and make a direct impact on the development of the tech and entrepreneurial ecosystem in KSA.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Enter KSA Operations - You will be responsible for our ‘Setup in Saudi Arabia’ business licensing product, including end-to-end client management, detailed process ownership and management of the licensing team.
- Relationship Management - You will build relationships with target government entities and large corporate clients for the AstroLabs Academy suite of services, including managed incubators/accelerators and custom training programs.
- Co-working Space Management - You will manage the AstroLabs Riyadh coworking space while finding new channels for growth of the community.
“Enter KSA” Management (Enter KSA supports international companies setting up in Saudi Arabia)
- Manage inbound inquiries from international businesses, answering questions and guiding them through the process
- Apply on behalf of clients to MISA for their investor licenses
- Coordinate other government department licenses clients may need with the support of the AstroLabs operational team
Operational and Financial Management
- Manage overall financial performance of AstroLabs KSA and create management dashboards
- Design and implement project management and tracking systems
- Take responsibility of regulatory and licensing requirements, such as managing online portals (MoL, GOSI, Muqeem, etc.) and liaising with government departments
- Manage operational finances, including bank account transfers
AstroLabs Riyadh Coworking Space Management
- Manage the Saudi Arabia Team, support the Community Development Manager and the rest of the team towards their growth objectives
- Identify and execute on operational and space improvements to enhance member experience
Large-scale Capability Development Programs Management
- Manage the logistical deployment of AstroLabs programming across Saudi Arabia
- Support in building the network of AstroLabs partners and supporters
- Identify new opportunities with large clients to run our managed incubators and accelerators products, as well as the suite of AstroLabs Academy training programs, and manage the operations of bidding on these new opportunities
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and manage the bidding process for any government bid opportunities
- You are very structured with exceptional organizational skills
- You are proactive and quick. You know how to take ownership, delegate responsibilities, and close the loop to get things done.
- You thrive on making a complex operation run like a well-oiled machine
- You are an inspiring manager who will support the team to grow and reach their full potential
- You communicate clearly in a structured manner when writing and speaking and are fluent in English and Arabic in a business setting
- You have good judgment: able to effectively filter inbound opportunities, handle unexpected issues, and spend your time working on the highest value priorities
- On the technical side, you have experience using Excel to build financial projections. You are comfortable with Google Apps (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Forms)
- Knowledge of CRM and project management software is preferred
AstroLabs Academy delivers workshops, classes and training programs in the digital and tech fields in the MENA region with a focus on the UAE and Saudi Arabia. AstroLabs Academy’s curriculum is designed to deliver actionable learning to startup founders as well as corporate managers on the most relevant topics in digital business. We focus on real-world practical knowledge, no fluff! AstroLabs is a KHDA certified training institute, with a mission to bridge the digital knowledge gap in digital marketing, analytics, programming, coding, UX/UI and startup development.