The Backend developer will be part of CMA CGM Digital Centre at Beirut. Within the Digital Factory you will be involved in project activities on multiple digital applications and will work in contact with Business team (CMA CGM), Data Scientists and various architecture or development teams
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Documentation of new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones
CMA CGM, headed by Rodolphe Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 509 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on 5 continents. In 2017, they carried nearly 19 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units). With a presence in 160 countries and through its 755 agencies network, the Group employs 110,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles. CMA CGM Digital Centre is part of the Digital Department which includes Digital Office, Data and Digital Factory. Digital core team is based in Marseilles with Regional Project Managers located in North & South America, Asia and Africa. CMA CGM Digital Centre mission statement is to create a unifying digital vision and to help rethink and design products and processes for the digital age. This mission is achieved by leveraging the latest technology trends; sourcing best practices from other industries; teaming up with CMA CGM key business departments: Lines, Commercial & Agency Network, Supply Chain & Logistics, Intermodal, Operations and ships; enabling Digital Factory & IT as key partners for execution and realization of projects.