MEVP is a Middle East-focused venture capital firm that invests in the early and growth stages of innovative technology companies run by talented entrepreneurs in the Middle East Region with a focus on the GCC and Levant countries.
With offices in Dubai, Beirut, Bahrain, Riyadh, Cairo and Abu Dhabi and more than USD 300 million in Assets Under Management, MEVP is the largest and most established VC firm in this region, with clear cross-border investment appetite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Intern will join the Investment Team and have the following responsibilities:
- Screen opportunities to invest in start-up/early stage companies across a complete range of technology verticals and log them into MEVP’s pipeline
- Filter opportunities by going over Investment Decks and discussing with the rest of the Investment Team the fit, if any, with MEVP’s investment thesis
- Meet with entrepreneurs and gage with them around data requests
- Support with Investment Due Diligence (DD) exercises. Specific tasks include:
- Perform desktop research and conduct expert interviews to establish market data points trends including market size, growth drivers etc.
- Undertake detailed analysis on the competition
- Assess the historical performance (KPIs, financials etc.) and business plans (financial models)
- Develop detailed financial models or enhance already built models by embedding scenario analysis on key drivers
- Support in the drafting of Investment Memos and Investment Committee Presentations summarizing the findings of the DD
- Monitor post-acquisition investments through regular reporting from and discussions with portfolio companies
- Support the Finance Team with reporting to Limited Partners (LPs)
- Support with the preparation of ad hoc presentations covering MEVP or any of its portfolio companies
- Research and support in the drafting of thought leadership pieces (articles, presentations, publications) and Press Releases
Majors Preferences: Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Business Marketing, Business Management, Finance, Economics, Mathematics
- This is an in-office internship
- The internship will start on January 01 - 2022 and ends on June 01 - 2022
BDD Summer internship program offers students the opportunity to discover the tech and start-up ecosystems while being part of a diversified community that develops their soft and hard skills. It is an eight-week program where interns are offered continuous support, workshops and guidance.