As an account director, you will supervise account managers and merchant executives, set long- and short-term goals and quotas, encourage new business, and oversee projects. The ideal candidate is a strong mediator and negotiator, with experience in managing multiple teams and clients. You will be the lead point of contact for portfolio clients and will serve as the ultimate company representative when finalizing contracts and identify and pursue cross-sell & upsell opportunities to enable portfolio growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing designer, account manager, and merchant executive teams
- Briefing designers, copywriters and project managers.
- Responsible for meeting business KPI’s and development of business plans
- Developing and nurturing client relationships.
- Keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Setting objectives for creative and executive teams.
- Conducting performance evaluations and giving feedback.
- Monitoring the success of campaigns.
- Identifying new opportunities for growth.
- Working with planners to interrogate client briefs, by challenging and asking questions, to develop communications briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way.
- Ensuring the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Identifying, developing and converting new business opportunities with existing and future agency clients.
- Negotiating contracts and fees with client procurement personnel.
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of team members.
- Leading and inspiring those outside of the core team, including creative teams and those in other agencies working on the same account.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in account management in a senior role.
- Preferably have prior account management experience in technology preferably SaaS.
- Proven management experience. Proven experience as an account director or similar position
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and meeting client requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office, G Suite.
- Experience using CRM softwares (e.g. HubSpot, SalesForce)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and other digital reporting tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales, marketing, project management, or relevant field
- Knowledge of market research techniques.
- Understanding of budgeting and reporting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- Fluent English (spoken and written)