The Primary function of the manager is to strategize, plan, create, execute, align, publicize, and oversee all aspects of the sports calendar leading up to the main yearly event. This includes the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of athletic programs and activities. Providing leadership and supervision to employees and volunteer staff, and coaching the team to manage equipment and suppli ers/ supplie s. This role also works closely with the supervisory athletic sports counsel to create and implement the strategy laid out during the calendar year and eventually approved by the Founder Chairperson of BM A. The role directly reports to the Founder and Chairperson of BMA with dotted line reporting to the sports counsel.
- Brainstorming and drafting a well developed year round sports and engagement calendar. The Calendar shall constitute of sports racing activities across different locations, targeting a diversified athletic community and sports enthusiasts.
- Brainstorming and drafting a well-developed calendar of events and set of creative ideas to support fund raising and awareness to the cause of BMA. The events can be offline/physical events as much as they are digital events driving awareness and funds towards BM A.
- Designing a clear and well managed budget flowchart with full oversight on budget spending and requirements.
- Managing, creating and staying up to date with proper world class Branding and communications properly; including social media management.
- Presenting a strategy and a plan of ideas, events and activities to secure the required revenue target forBMA.
- Reporting financial and participation numbers on a consistent and timely basis.
- Working closely with the sports Counsel to track all performance KPls and ensure all Annual agreed upon Plan (Annual operating Plans) are achieved on a timely basis with performance KPls well written and tracked to evaluate success crit eria.
- Foster and promote a culture of inclusivity and openness and to transfer the language and modus operandi/manifesto of partnership and spirit of BMA to partners, doners, staff, customers, athletes and suppliers.
- Strong background and career in events management, events planning, and implementation.
- Solid relationships with existing suppliers on; th e ground relating to events management.
- Mature, proactive, dynamic personality with multitasking capabilities and proper forward thinking capabilities who works in a timely manner ensuring all stakeholders and expectations are well managed.
- Expert in risk management on a timely manner to ensure smooth operation across the timeline with stakeholders. Must be creative and able to prioritize tasks in the face of many challenges.
- Solid capabilities in CRM and database buildup and management
- Solid understanding of traditional athletic sports including rules, training, staffing and equipment needs.
- Solid background in managing branding and communications.
- Minimum 4-5 years in events and marketing field.
The Beirut Marathon Association (BMA) is a Lebanese non-governmental non-profit organization, independent of all political and religious affiliations, registered under the ministry of youth and sports.