We are looking for an experienced, switched-on, motivated and tech-savvy Graphic Design Lead to join our team!
The role will support the Head of Content to deliver rich, engaging and inspiring visual content across all channels of the business. The team is based in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, with most of the team located in Dubai.
Our Graphic Design Lead will bring both a highly creative mind and the ability to deliver flawless technical execution. They will understand the business and the brand’s messaging and tone of voice and translate those into highly creative and professional designs with high visual impact. They will have obsessive attention to detail and exceptional organisational, time management skills and a proactive, problem solving approach to all tasks. They will have a strong creative eye and should have an excellent knowledge of ‘what good looks like’ when it comes to design, photography and video content. They must be proficient in industry standard design software (Photoshop, Indesign Illustrator) and be able to take direction well. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who is energetic and reflects our 'Make it Happen' attitude!
- Translate business requirements into creative, unique visual concepts
- Execute design concepts into technically flawless deliverables (brochures, presentations and other marketing collateral).
- Design presentations, brochures and marketing collateral for the business in accordance with set guidelines, ensuring the highest standards of output.
- Understand and implement best practices in terms of creative outputs across design, photography and video content, ensuring quality of our work is of the highest standards from a creative standpoint.
- Design social media posts across all channels in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Create video titles and carry out basic video editing tasks in line with brand guidelines.
- Assist the wider business and different departments with design-related tasks.
- Know the latest design tools, software and trends to ensure we are always using the best tools available to remain relevant in the market.
- Communicate effectively across the business to gather required inputs on a regular basis for Social Media, Blogs and Newsletters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- A highly creative mind with obsessive attention to detail and aesthetics
- Ability to drive a creative process from design and selection of concepts through to delivering flawless visual output
- Knowledge of where to find and apply the latest design best practices
- Ability to quickly embed and deliver within a remote team
- A hands-on, proactive team player
- Meeting of deadlines using strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in industry standard design software (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CorelDRAW)
- Basic Video editing skills (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro etc)
- Proficiency in basic web design or programs such as Word Press a plus
- Specific typography experience a plus
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field a plus
AstroLabs Academy delivers workshops, classes and training programs in the digital and tech fields in the MENA region with a focus on the UAE and Saudi Arabia. AstroLabs Academy’s curriculum is designed to deliver actionable learning to startup founders as well as corporate managers on the most relevant topics in digital business. We focus on real-world practical knowledge, no fluff! AstroLabs is a KHDA certified training institute, with a mission to bridge the digital knowledge gap in digital marketing, analytics, programming, coding, UX/UI and startup development.