The Finance Manger is responsible for leading and managing the Finance department and developing a plan that will deliver the requisite level of service. He/she will oversee all finance-related processes including preparation of management & statutory reports, budgeting & planning, credit and collection.
- Manage day-to-day processing of finance and accounting transactions of Ostaz and summarize financial transactions.
- Prepare and interpret monthly management accounts and annual financial statements, cost data and management reports.
- Ensure that all financial and accounting transactions are posted under the correct accounting heads.
- Improve financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Upgrade & update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze budgets and cash flow projections and be responsible for the business cash flow management.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders to foster business improvement and objective achievement
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control.
- Ensure compliance with local tax laws and regulations in order to manage risk and minimize tax exposure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or accounting. Master’s Degree or accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, CPA) will be a definite advantage
- 5 years of experience in Finance out of which 2 years in a supervisory role preferably in a startup, tech environment
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in English
Synkers is the leading peer-to-peer education platform that connects students with highly qualified tutors on the spot. Synkers aims to build the largest community of knowledge exchange to enhance the academic performance of future generations. By enabling a seamless cross-border transfer of knowledge and making education accessible to all, Synkers intends to change education through building an adaptive learning technology.